Gugushev & Partners Law Office is strongly engaged in projects in the field of energy, including projects related to the use of renewable energy sources, gas and mining. We have experience in preparing legal analyses for large energy projects and are familiar with the necessary comprehensive assessment on industry-specific issues, helping our clients successfully complete all stages of the project implementation process. We advise major international companies and leaders in the field of energy on the execution of their energy projects, including on the applicable licensing and permitting regimes, regulatory requirements, and day-to-day operations.
Our legal services include:
- legal advice on the investment regime in the energy and renewable energy sector, including analysis of national laws and European regulations relating to the construction, accession and licensing of energy projects, as well as subsequent changes thereto
- consultations regarding the preparation, management and control of the entire development process of an energy project
- assistance in applicable procedures for issuing permits and licences for the production and trading of electricity and gas, for carrying out the activity as a coordinator of balancing groups, granting concessions
- advice on project finance schemes and business structuring
- representation in the negotiation and preparation of contracts for the acquisition of energy projects and enterprises
- representation in public discussions, meetings and open meetings of the competent authorities, representation before the regulatory authorities and the government administration, including the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission, Electricity System Security Fund, Electricity System Operator EAD, electricity distribution companies, traders and electricity suppliers, balancing groups coordinators, energy and gas exchanges, etc.
- assistance in settling the client’s relations with electricity companies for connection to the transmission and distribution grids, purchase of energy facilities and equipment, etc.
- preparation of an action plan for issuing the necessary permits and licences (including risk analysis and assessment), assistance in the application for obtaining, extending or amending the necessary licences and permits (including representation to all supervisory authorities)
- legal advice in the field of construction and acquisition of real estate for the purposes of development of power plants and electricity transmission/distribution grid, connection, decommissioning, financing structures, electricity purchase agreements, etc. We propose solutions based on the specific requirements of the client for the structuring and functioning of the new energy business, including the corporate aspects of its governance
- consultancy on environmental issues ranging from conventional pollution and environmental protection to climate change and associated carbon capture and storage requirements, the handling of hazardous and radioactive materials