Gugushev & Partners Law Office provides legal advice on all issues related to environmental protection, biodiversity preservation, protection of natural landmarks, preservation of protected areas and waste management. It also provides assistance to clients in ensuring the compliance of their business projects with international, European and national environmental regulations, requirements and standards.
The firm’s practice in the field of environmental law is primarily focused on clients operating in the energy sector, energy efficiency and public services, infrastructure and construction, and facing issues related to environmental protection, natural resources, and health and safety working conditions.
Our legal services include:
- compliance of projects with environmental legislation and requirements, risks and responsibility for preventing and remedying environmental damage, waste management in an environmentally responsible way, air, water and soil conservation, management of chemicals
- licensing and obtaining the necessary combined permits, representation before the competent authorities
- consultancy on project evaluation, including environmental evaluation, evaluation of environmental impact and compatibility assessments
- preparation and revision of contracts, including determination of environmental risks, guarantees, and compensations, insurance
- legal due diligence reports on all environmental issues, ecology, and biodiversity, protected areas and zones
- litigation under administrative and administrative-criminal proceedings in the field of environmental law
Our Experts in This Area
Head of Public Procurement and Labour Law department
Head of Energy, Capital Markets and Foreign Investments
Notable Clients & Projects
Hareon Solar Technology Co. Ltd.
Gugushev & Partners Law Office is acting as the legal adviser of one of the largest producers of silicon wafers in China, offering a fully integrated production chain of PV components, at local and international level.
Gugushev & Partners advised Alpiq Holding, one of the leading energy companies in Switzerland and the largest energy services provider in Europe, on the acquisition of two wind power plants in Bulgaria with a total capacity of 72,50 MW.
Novenergia II Energy & Environment (SCA) SICAR
Gugushev & Partners Law Office is acting as a legal advisor of Novenergia II Energy & Environment (SCA) SICAR, a European investment fund, consisting of six subsidiaries with total capacity over 300 MW.
Elsewedy Electric S.A.E
Gugushev & Partners Law Office is advising the Egyptian company, providing complete and integrated energy solutions, on the acquisition of a majority stake from Bulgarian company developing a wind power plant project.
Gugushev & Partners Law Office consulted the French company investing in photovoltaic power plants on the acquisition of a Bulgarian company developing a solar energy project.
Gugushev & Partners Law Office provided legal advisory to the client in relation to the deal with OMV in Vienna for participation in Nabucco Pipeline Project for transportation of gas from the Bulgarian-Turkish border to Austria.
Kunino Energy AD, Bulgaria
Gugushev & Partners Law Office advises the company with respect to the operation of hydropower plant Kunino with a total installed capacity of 4410 KW, located on Iskar River.